Many people view helping as an expense yet when they are in trouble they wish to get assistance from people. It is very important to give, not only when you have something extra but to share whatever you have with those who don't have.
Here are a few ways that helping others can benefit you:
- Giving attracts more back to you. When you give, you’re more likely to receive. You don’t necessarily need to keep the receiving in mind when you decide to give, but nature may just take its course. Maybe a friend will unexpectedly return a favor. Maybe you’ll stumble upon some good fortune.
- It brings you a good feeling. If you volunteer your time to help others, you’re sharing your blessings with those less fortunate, which is a wonderful gift to be giving! You’ll likely return home after volunteering with a smile on your face and a drive to achieve more. Just by completing a giving act, you receive positive feelings in your life.
- Heightened self-esteem. When you help others, you may be helping yourself to a heightened self-esteem. Positive feedback for your good deeds enables you to feel pride in your accomplishments, as well as build momentum for bigger and better things.
- Strengthened confidence. After you’ve done something nice, you may also find that your confidence soars. The fact that your helpful acts have turned out so positive might lead you to the confidence you need in your own life.
- More positive about your own situation. Sometimes you’ll find that you’re your own worst critic. You might accept the faults of others, but you may be less likely to accept your own. Helping others can help you to accept your own situation and your own faults. It may help you to start seeing everything in a more positive light.
You may not often think about how your moods and feelings affect the world. If you go out with a frown on your face, you might be spreading that negative energy around without knowing it. The opposite is also true. So why wouldn’t you want to go around passing out positive energy?
The truth is that when you make an effort to help others, you’re showing that you have the power to spread positive energy. The people you help may even be overcome with positive emotions. One by one, you keep the train of positive energy chugging along.
You Make A Difference
When all is said and done, the main reason why helping others benefits you is because you’re leaving your mark on the world. When you help others, you live on in their memories as a true difference in their lives.
For many, leaving their mark on the world is one of their most important desires. Doesn’t it make you feel fulfilled to know that you’ve made a positive difference in the world? And it all starts with some simple gestures of helping your fellow members of the human family.
Seek out opportunities, today, to help others. You’ll be glad you did!